Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things. ~Pierce Harris

Welcome to the Grassy Valley Antiques "official" blog. We are an antique and vintage marketplace located in the heart of Fountain City, TN. Our store is comprised of vendors who scour the globe for treasures, modern day pirates without the peg legs and scurvy. They hear the echoes of the past whispered by items that are vital and useful and not ready to be relegated to spend eternity in some dusty attic. You can read about some of our latest discoveries here, or you can come see for yourself. Who knows you may leave with a treasure of your own....

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

COLOR!


I appreciate winter.  I have respect for this powerful season and marvel at each blade of frosted grass and tiny ice crystal.  I think there is nothing more graceful than daybreak on a snow-covered landscape and always feel a little guilty when I have to mar its beauty with my footprints.

Still, the shorter days full of hazy darkness leave me longing to batten down the hatches around four in the afternoon.  While I adore the coziness that comes from being confined with the ones I love the most within arms reach and relish in the comfort of my fuzzy socks and trusty bathrobe, I find myself missing the one thing that January isn’t willing to provide…an abundance of color. 

So, today I’ve decided to focus on colorful items that can shine a little light during these long winter months and remind us of what lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment