Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things. ~Pierce Harris

Welcome to the Grassy Valley Antiques "official" blog. We are an antique and vintage marketplace located in the heart of Fountain City, TN. Our store is comprised of vendors who scour the globe for treasures, modern day pirates without the peg legs and scurvy. They hear the echoes of the past whispered by items that are vital and useful and not ready to be relegated to spend eternity in some dusty attic. You can read about some of our latest discoveries here, or you can come see for yourself. Who knows you may leave with a treasure of your own....

Monday, October 3, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things that currently reside in the shop.  I'm always finding new pieces  to fall in love with, but these little items currently have me head over heels...


This Hazel Atlas "Be ye Kind" glass is so sweet and darling! The red silhouettes of children and woodland creatures are so simple, yet the message so profound. 





This is the face plate from an old post office box.  I love the Deco border and the glass numeral plate.  Imagine the secrets this once held under lock and key.






This deposit bag is from the Lyons National Bank in Lyons, NY.  The embroidery and red accents make this utilitarian object quite beautiful!  The lock and key make it a perfect place to store your modern day valuables!




Feeling a little nutty?  This iron squirrel nutcracker can take on the toughest nut in the bunch.  His rustic charm and a bowl full of walnuts equals instant bliss!









Let this lovely lady add a little femininity to your bath. This Art Nouveau soap dish is tres elegant with its clean lines (I couldn't resist) and green patina. 


These vintage card games make me want to spend an evening with the television off huddled around the table with my family. Hmmm, I think it's time I plan a game night.

No comments:

Post a Comment