Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things. ~Pierce Harris

Welcome to the Grassy Valley Antiques "official" blog. We are an antique and vintage marketplace located in the heart of Fountain City, TN. Our store is comprised of vendors who scour the globe for treasures, modern day pirates without the peg legs and scurvy. They hear the echoes of the past whispered by items that are vital and useful and not ready to be relegated to spend eternity in some dusty attic. You can read about some of our latest discoveries here, or you can come see for yourself. Who knows you may leave with a treasure of your own....

Monday, August 8, 2011

The morning light filters through the curtains casting rainbow shadows as it refracts through rows of carnival colored glassware.  The signs are hung and the coffee is brewing. It's finally here, opening day has arrived for Grassy Valley Antiques! 


I have spent hours walking through our vendors' booths amazed at the diversity in the items for sale ranging from the utilitarian to the ornate.  I have my favorite pieces, the ones that leap in front of my eyes like they were just lying there waiting for me to pass by and notice them. 
Here are just a few samples of what's caught my eye today.....

Can't you just hear the tinny clink of cup against saucer?  I just want to pull up a chair for high tea when I gaze at this fine porcelain china set from Poland....two lumps of sugar for me. 





"We are Siamese if you please" this kitty lamp with the piercing blue glass eyes casts a warm glow over the shop.  I could curl up and read a good book next to them, but then nothing would get done would it?
I get a craving for toast and jam when I pass by the darling formica table with it's vintage Anchor-Hocking and Enamelware serving pieces.

This wood burning stove has been converted to use propane. Old-time rustic style meets modern conventionality!

There is so much to discover at Grassy Valley that I encourage you to stop by and see for yourself. You never know what you may uncover!

1 comment:

  1. It's true...I have been perusing the store since before it was officially open for business and I have a virtual list of items that I'm itching to call mine! I hope by the time I return with my debit card at least some of the items will still be there for purchase. There's so much to see!

    ReplyDelete