Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things. ~Pierce Harris

Welcome to the Grassy Valley Antiques "official" blog. We are an antique and vintage marketplace located in the heart of Fountain City, TN. Our store is comprised of vendors who scour the globe for treasures, modern day pirates without the peg legs and scurvy. They hear the echoes of the past whispered by items that are vital and useful and not ready to be relegated to spend eternity in some dusty attic. You can read about some of our latest discoveries here, or you can come see for yourself. Who knows you may leave with a treasure of your own....

Monday, August 22, 2011

Hold Me

Walking into the shop this Monday morning was especially exciting for me since we had two new vendors move their wares into Grassy Valley over the weekend.  Since Matt was working solo on Saturday, this was my first opportunity to get my hands on the new stuff!  I'm a tactile type of girl and like to touch the filmy fabric of each handkerchief and feel the eggshell delicacy of every teacup.  I get antsy in museums, and have stuck my hand across many a velvet rope when all eyes were turned just to feel the gloppy paint or smooth stone and truly connect with the masterpiece.  

My fingers certainly weren't disappointed! Upon arrival, I noticed while there were entirely new booths to discover, several of our existing vendors had also brought new finds. Everywhere I turned there were so many wonderful new treasures to enjoy. Here is a sampling of what I discovered...

These vintage "Flying Crane" thermal tumblers have an Asian feel and would bring some style to any morning commute.  They have sturdy handles to protect from spills and burnt fingers!

This Mid-Century radio is so elegant with its sleek design and clean lines.  Whether hosting a party or  cleaning your pad, this Motorola would make any occasion just little more groovy.

"Oh playmate, come on out and play with me and bring you dollies three..." that old childrens' tune haunts me as I look at this precious play kitchen from the sixties.  I am immediately transported back in time to those lazy afternoons spent with my own dolls as I stocked my own pretend cupboards and shelves.  Now you too can share that simple joy with a little playmate of your own!
This cast iron wood stove has me anticipating those crisp fall afternoons and craving a cup of steaming hot cider.  I am also in love with the unique turquoise coloring. So unique!

This small selection of items are just some of the highlights of what I found on my journey through the store today.  Why not come see us and forge your own expedition through our treasures? I'm sure you'll be transported into a world filled with your own unique memories and childhood delights.  And, I promise you will not get scolded for handling the merchandise.  Here at Grassy Valley, we encourage you to feel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment